The true purpose of cheerleading is to be a wonderful source of spirit and support and when done correctly it can make a vast difference in the morale, spirit and sportsmanship of the ball game.
At CPC, our cheerleaders are taught:
· Cheerleading techniques, safety, material and methods while maintaining Christian standards
· Being contemporary without compromise
· To recognize cheerleaders for the athletes they are
· To encourage and promote creativity, team support and enthusiasm, with a “be the best you can be” attitude
· To boost school spirit
· Promote good sportsmanship
· Develop positive crowd involvement
· Create a cooperative, loyal, dedicated, loving spirit within the student body, as well as the alumni, parents and faculty
· AND, most important of all is to give our Lord Jesus Christ pre-eminence in all we do
We cheer for football and basketball and we run several elementary cheer camps during the school year and a one-week Junior Summer camp.
Cheerleading at CPC is rewarding and fun!!
We build people, not just pyramids.